Will Schultz, an intellectual property attorney and partner at Merchant & Gould, will be a featured speaker at a trademark and copyright conference in Silicon Valley on November 19, 2015.
The IP Strategy Summit – Trademark & Copyright: Silicon Valley conference will focus on trademark and copyright strategies for the digital age. Schultz will be giving a presentation entitled "Anti-Counterfeiting Strategies" along with two other legal professionals at 10:20 a.m. on November 19.
Counterfeiting is growing at an exponential rate, particularly over the internet. Threats to brands include not only lost sales, but also erosion of brand equity. This panel will explore:
- Current landscape and emerging trends
- Benchmarking your current program
- Monitoring counterfeiting activity
- What are the best enforcement strategies?
- Preventative measures
- Martin Nguyen - General Counsel, BRG Sports
- Elisha Lawrence - AVP Global Anti-Piracy & Content Security, ABS-CBN International
- William Schultz - Partner, Merchant & Gould
The conference is being held at the Crowne Plaza in Palo Alto, California.
Merchant & Gould is proud to support this summit.