Merchant & Gould, a national intellectual property (IP) law firm, is pleased to announce that the following attorneys have been included in The Best Lawyers in America® 2019.
Peter Gergely, the managing partner of the New York office, received Best Lawyers® 2019 Patent Law "Lawyer of the Year" Award in Denver.
Best Lawyers compiles lists of outstanding attorneys by conducting peer-reviewed surveys in which lawyers confidentially evaluate their colleagues. Since lawyers are not permitted to purchase their rankings or pay a fee to participate, a Best Lawyers listing is considered an unbiased honor.
- Jeff Blake (*) -- Patent Law
- Peter A. Gergely (2010) [10 -- Litigation - Intellectual Property, Litigation - Patent
- John A. Clifford (2013)  -- Litigation - Intellectual Property, Patent Law, Trademark Law
- Andrew S. Ehard (2013)  -- Litigation - Intellectual Property
- Charles E. Golla (2013)  -- Copyright Law
- Allen W. Hinderaker (2010)  -- Litigation - Intellectual Property, Litigation - Patent
- Rachel C. Hughey (2018) -- Litigation - Intellectual Property
- Scott W. Johnston (2010)  -- Litigation - Intellectual Property, Trademark Law
- Daniel W. McDonald (2013)  -- Litigation - Intellectual Property, Litigation – Patent, Trademark Law
- Christopher J. Schulte (2013)  -- Litigation - Intellectual Property, Litigation - Patent
- William D. Schultz (*) -- Litigation - Intellectual Property
- Rachel Zimmerman Scobie (2014)  -- Litigation - Intellectual Property
- Christopher J. Sorenson (2013)  -- Litigation - Patent
- Anthony R. Zeuli (2007)  -- Copyright Law, Litigation - Intellectual Property, Litigation – Patent, Patent Law, Trademark Law
(Year) First year the lawyer was listed in any practice area.
(*) Lawyers who are listed for the first time in Best Lawyers.
[#] Anniversary plaque for which lawyer is eligible (5, 10, 15, 20, 25, or 30 years).
About Best Lawyers®
Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers® has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Best Lawyers lists are compiled based on an exhaustive peer-review evaluation. 83,000 industry leading lawyers are eligible to vote (from around the world), and we have received almost 10 million evaluations on the legal abilities of other lawyers based on their specific practice areas around the world. For the 2018 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America©, 7.4 million votes were analyzed, which resulted in more than 58,000 leading lawyers being included in the new edition. Lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed; therefore inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers "the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice." www.bestlawyers.com