Brad is an experienced patent attorney with Merchant & Gould’s Minneapolis office. He seeks to provide clients with creative solutions that not only resolve their immediate issues but are also forward-looking to consider potential pitfalls down the road.
Handling all Aspects of the Patent Lifecycle
A patent’s lifecycle is merely beginning at the time you sit down with an attorney to discuss filing a patent application. When you work with a strategic patent advisor like Brad, you’ll find someone who is able to discuss and manage all aspects of your patent’s lifecycle, including:
- Patentability and clearance searches: Brad performs patentability searches, clearance searches, as well as regularly providing design-around guidance
- Applications: Brad’s practice primarily focuses on drafting and shepherding patent applications through the United States Patent Office, specifically in the mechanical arts.
- Enforcement: Brad also has extensive experience in intellectual property enforcement of patents and other IP.
- Portfolio management: He is highly skilled in complex patent portfolio management.
- Foreign rights: Additionally, Brad routinely aids clients in pursuing intellectual property rights in a variety of different foreign jurisdictions.
Working With New & Seasoned Inventors Across Multiple Industries
Since becoming registered with the United States Patent Office in 2011, Brad has had the joy of working with a variety of different clients, from solo inventors to large companies, in a wide variety of industries. For example, he has experience working with technologies, including:
- Agricultural equipment
- Bicycle components
- Firearms and accessories
- Heavy machinery
- Hydraulic systems
- Plumbing products
- Power generation equipment
- Security products
- Telecommunications equipment.
In his free time, Brad enjoys an active outdoor lifestyle filled with more hobbies than he knows what to do with. He appreciates the mental and physical benefits of bicycle riding and is a year-round bike commuter as well as a mountain bike rider. Whether it’s woodworking, tinkering with electronics, or attempting to fix his motorcycle, Brad also welcomes any opportunity to work with his hands.
Additionally, Brad is a volunteer attorney for the Children’s Law Center. There, he represents youth in the Minnesota foster care system.