A team of intellectual property attorneys at Merchant & Gould’s have been representing cannabis companies and related businesses since 2013. We’ve served businesses large and small with a variety of intellectual property issues involving marijuana, industrial hemp and cannabinoids (such as CBD).
The emerging cannabis industry is complex, with an ever-changing legal and regulatory landscape. You can trust our IP attorneys to provide your cannabis company or related business with the intellectual property services needed to secure and protect your assets.
Knowledgeable in Regulatory & Federal Law Involving Cannabis
Currently, federal and state laws differ when it comes to the manufacturing, use and sale of cannabis. These differences bring new challenges to the table when attempting to obtain federal trademark protection for cannabis-related services or products, and also change the business case for seeking patents or other IP in the space.
We assist our clients with both federal and state cannabis law and Our attorneys possess years of experience working with regulatory and federal laws, including the Controlled Substance Act, the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, as well as related local and state-level regulations.
Providing a Full-Range of Intellectual Property Legal Services for the Cannabis Industry
Our firm provides adept guidance in navigating the landscape surrounding the cannabis industry. We serve clients at all levels of the industry, including:
- Cannabis dispensaries
- Cannabis oil, CBD and hemp manufacturers
- Testing facilities
- Cannabis licensing companies
- Packaging companies
For these clients, we provide a wide range of legal services such as:
- Global clearance, acquisition, monitoring and enforcement of trademarks
- Freedom to operate, patentability, invalidity and infringement analysis
- Preparation and prosecution of utility patents for chemical, pharmaceutical, mechanical, and software patents related to cannabis and supporting industries
- Protection of new cannabis strains both nationally and internationally
- Due diligence for intellectual property divestiture and acquisition in the cannabis field
What’s Your Cannabis IP Strategy?
When you want to protect your IP assets and ensure your IP strategy meets your cannabis company’s unique needs, reach out to Merchant & Gould. Get started on your cannabis intellectual property strategy today by contacting us for more information.