The Semiconductor Industry has been one of America’s top export industries in recent years. Semiconductors, microchips that control all modern-day electronics, empower the technologies that are necessary to communicate, work, travel and continue fostering innovation.
At Merchant & Gould we have a well-informed understanding of our clients’ businesses and the IP problems they face in the semiconductor industry. Whether it is prosecution of a patent application on a laser diode, due diligence investigation on electronic modules for patient care, or litigation involving nanoscale testing instruments, we staff our cases with professionals with the applicable background.
Merchant & Gould has a depth of experience working with semiconductor fabricators and companies who test semiconductors. Our attorneys appreciate and comprehend the technology and are able to partner with clients to develop, enforce and protect their innovations.
Services in the semiconductor industry include:
- Intellectual property strategy development
- Prosecution and protection of domestic and international patents
- Defense and prosecution of patent infringement claims
- Due diligence for intellectual property projects
- Patent validity opinions
- Interferences, reissues and reexaminations
- Technology transfers
- Licensing agreements
- Trade secret protection
- Alternative dispute resolution, litigation and appeals