Paige is an intellectual property attorney at Merchant & Gould’s Minneapolis office. She handles a range of IP litigation involving patents (utility and design), copyrights, trademark, trade dress and false advertising disputes.
Paige works to first understand her clients—who they are and what they need to succeed. From there, she uses her experience to create custom-fit strategies to help her clients achieve their short- and long-term goals.
STEADFAST SERVICES TO MEET YOUR SHORT- AND LONG-TERM OBJECTIVES
With both short- and long-term goals in mind, Paige will work with you to develop strategies that proactively avoid litigation or that use litigation as a tool to further your business objectives and protect your technologies, brands, designs, and competitive edge. She provides ongoing insight into how legal issues affect your day-to-day business while always keeping an eye on your budget and overarching business needs.
Business-Minded Enforcement and False Advertising Services
Paige also works with a wide range of companies across industries on trademark,trade dress, and design patent enforcement and false advertising issues. Her experience runs the gamut—from assessment of brand protection and risks upon expansion into new areas, to domain name disputes, to preventative analysis and review of designs and marketing and advertising campaigns, and more. In each instance, Paige aims to provide practical advice and a clear analysis of the risks and benefits of actions so you can make informed and strategic decisions that align with your goals.
DEDICATED IN & OUT OF THE OFFICE
Paige volunteers on the firm’s Diversity Committee and with organizations within the community that she believes in. At home, you’ll find her keeping active by running and playing tennis. She is also an avid traveler and a loyal Hoosier basketball fan (despite several frustrating seasons of late).
- Secured a $3 million jury verdict in favor of Proformance Manufacturing, Inc. in a case involving patented window technology.
- Served as co-first chair for a generic pharmaceutical manufacturer in patent infringement dispute, resulting in invalidation of three of the brand holder’s patents—one prior to trial under § 101 and two at trial on multiple grounds.
- Obtained dismissal of multiple trade dress claims and false advertising claims relating to “Made in the USA” and invalidated competitor patents on summary judgment for HVAC control manufacturer.
- Secured payment of lost profits for all past sales and a consent judgment that included an injunction and admission of validity for the Toro lighting company in design patent case.
- Represented company in design patent dispute relating to thermoformed plastic packaging, namely bowls and lids for storing food products for display and use in supermarkets.
- Represented company in trade dress dispute relating to beverage packaging design.
- Represented Ecolab in patent infringement litigation relating to a method of monitoring the cleaning of surfaces.
- Represented True Value by enforcement of its trademark in numerous forums, from federal court to UDRP proceedings.